Week of February 18, 2019
- No School – Presidents’ Day
- 1st Round Soccer playoffs at home vs Copiah at 3:00. Admission is $6 for students and adults. Only MAIS GOLD and Lifetime passes will be accepted. WS Booster Club and MAIS numbered (yellow) passes are not valid for playoff series.
- Baseball vs. MRA has been canceled.
- Junior High Boys Track meeting at break in Coach Womack’s room.
- Page Eaters will meet in the library during lunch.
- Baseball at Bayou Academy has been canceled.
- Lawton’s March t-shirt orders are due to homeroom teacher by Wednesday.
- AAAA-D2 Basketball Tournament at Simpson Academy: Girls vs. Simpson at 6:30, Boys vs. Copiah at 7:45.
- Division II Soccer Semi-finals vs. Lamar School at Jackson Prep at 8 p.m., weather permitting.
- AAAA-D2 Basketball Tournament at Simpson Academy. Games to be determined.
- Baseball vs. Parklane Academy has been canceled.
- Fit in Feb – wear a black t-shirt with uniform bottoms on Friday for Fitness Awareness Week.
- Buy your Fit in Feb Raffle Tickets from your homeroom teachers. They are $1.00 for one ticket. The raffle prizes include an Apple Watch, gift cards to Lululemon and Under Armor, several Soul Nutrition gift cards, and other great prizes! The more tickets you purchase, the better your chances are to win! Winners will be announced every Friday during the “Breakout” sessions at break in the gym. Must be present to win!
- The middle school BF Cancer Awareness Group will be selling green ribbons for 50 cents at break and lunch on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays during the month of February.
- MSSC wants you to clean out your old sporting things! They are hosting a used sporting equipment drive for the kids in our community to play spring sports. The last day to bring items will be February 22. The homeroom with the most items will win a pizza party!
- MSSC is still collecting Box Tops! The homeroom with the most wins a pizza party!
- Girls in grades 6-11 interested in trying out for cheerleader must sign up in the high school office. Forms and tryout fee are due by Friday, February 22.